John Crossan & Sons Letterkenny Ltd
Operations were established in 1933 in Letterkenny, Co. Donegal by the Late Mick Crossan. From humble beginnings at a site in Woodlands, the company initially commenced business as a sole trader, supplying a merchant haulage service to the local community for goods such as potatoes and agricultural hardware tools. After a period of growth, it quickly established itself as a limited company with a vision when incorporated by Mick’s son John (RIP) along with his wife Philomena.
After incorporation and operating under name John Crossan & Sons (Letterkenny) Ltd., the company relocated to a site in Ballyraine, directly opposite to where the Mount Errigal Hotel & Leisure Centre sits today. Following John’s untimely death in 1979, Philomena was joined in business by their two sons, Thomas & Michael, who are the current Managing Directors.
Still operating solely in the haulage industry, the company pursued an opportunity, at the turn of the millennium, to purchase a portfolio of land in the Bonagee area. The purchase was completed with a view to relocating its haulage base (to accommodate an ever-expanding fleet of vehicles) and constructing a range of commercial leasing properties. The development would be blessed as John Crossan Business Park and remains the company base to the present day.
Over the course of the last 20 years, the company has extended its haulage distribution channels in providing contract services to household names such as Calor Gas, Curry PC World, DHL, Argos & Littlewoods. Furthermore, the company has gradually expanded its commercial property offering and current tenants include companies like Heineken, LK Bikes & Toys and Sheridan Security.
With a view to the future, the company is favourably located to pursue expansion opportunities that may arise from the planned construction of the Bonagee link road.